THE GOSPEL FAITH MESSENGER Ministry
Divine Healing Bible Lessons King James Version
LESSON No. 7 ~ KJV
In this Lesson we will look at some unusual methods Jesus used to heal people. May you be richly blessed as you meditate upon the Master at work.
We shall look first at St. MARK 7:31-37: “Deaf And Dumb Man Healed.”
1. What was wrong with the man brought unto Jesus? (1) ____________________________________________
2. What did the people want Jesus to do? _________________________________________________________
3. Where did Jesus take the man? _______________________________________________________________
4. What did Jesus do with His fingers? ____________________________________________________________
5. Then what did Jesus do? ____________________________________________________________________
6. Then looking up to heaven, Jesus said: _________________________________________________________
7. What happened to the man’s ears? ____________________________________________________________
8. What was loosed? __________________________________________________________________________
9. How did the man speak? _____________________________________________________________________
10. The people were astonished, saying, “He _______________________________________________________
He maketh_________________________ to ____________, and___________________ to_____________.”
Our next questions are taken from St. MARK 8:22-26: “Blind Man Healed.”
11. Who did they bring to Jesus? _________________________________________________________________
12. What did they want Jesus to do? ______________________________________________________________
13. Where did Jesus lead the blind man? __________________________________________________________
14. What did Jesus do then? (1) _________________________________________________________________
15. What did the blind man say when he looked up? _________________________________________________
16. What did Jesus do again? ___________________________________________________________________
17. What happened to the man? _________________________________________________________________
The next miracle to study is found in St. JOHN 9 (whole chapter, the questions are from verses 1-11 only):
“Blind Man’s Sight Restored”
18. What was to be made manifest in the blind man? _______________________________________________
19. Where did Jesus spit? ____________________________________________________________________
20. What did Jesus make with the spittle? ________________________________________________________
“Blind Man’s Sight Restored”
21. What did Jesus do to the blind man’s eyes? ___________________________________________________
22. What did Jesus tell the man to do? __________________________________________________________
23. What happened when the man obeyed Jesus? _________________________________________________
24. How were his eyes opened? _______________________________________________________________
Jesus certainly did some unusual things when healing the sick, but one thing is for sure – the people always had their needs met when they were obedient to the Master. Obedience to His Word has an healing effect upon us (Exodus 15:26 and Proverbs 4:20-22).
We shall finish the questions part of this Lesson with a wonderful miracle which took place just before Jesus died on Calvary. It is found in St. MARK 14:47; LUKE 22:50-51 and St. JOHN 18:10-11
25. What did the disciple do? __________________________________________________________________
26. What was the name of the disciple? __________________________________________________________
27. What was the name of the servant? __________________________________________________________
28. What did Jesus do to the servant’s ear? _______________________________________________________
There was a time when even John the Baptist had doubts about Jesus being the Messiah, so he sent two of his disciples to Jesus to make enquiry. The Lord re-assured them in the same hour by giving sight to the blind, making the lame to walk, cleansing the lepers, unstopping deaf ears, raising the dead, curing many of their plagues and infirmities, and casting out evil spirits (Matthew 11:2-6 and Luke 7:19-23).
The healing ministry is a confirmation of the truth of the Gospel and must never come before – in emphasis – of the central theme of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. We can go to heaven with a sick body, but we cannot enter with an unsaved soul! Salvation is the most important. But, having trusted in God for our salvation, why not trust Him to meet our physical needs as well?
Now turn to Psalm 103:1-5 and join the Psalmist in his exhortation to bless the Lord for a full salvation and a healthy body? Praise the Lord!
“BLESS the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
Let the truth of Divine Healing be settled in your heart NOW for ever! It is the will of God to heal those who are sick and oppressed of the devil. God’s will for YOU is ABUNDANT LIFE in JESUS CHRIST – body, soul and spirit (John 10:10). God is no respecter of persons – His promises of salvation and healing are to all, as Peter declared:-
“Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him. The Word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (He is Lord of all:) That word, I say, you know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: Who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him” (Acts 10:34-38).
Trust you have been blessed in answering this Lesson.